21.9.11

the good life

I applied for about a million jobs since I've been in Utah and have an interview on Friday.  FINALLY.  I waited 10 days to hear back about this one, and had pretty much given up.  Then, on Monday night, I got AN EMAIL!  Its a big deal job as an executive assistant to the CTO.  I must say, I am stoked for many reasons.  Although the pay is phenomenal, I am MOST excited to find a job that puts me back into BUSY MODE.  The mode where I can get a million more things done because I just KEEP MOVING. The company is pretty great as well, just adding to the list of why I am so excited.

I was talking to my dad (father-in-law) this weekend in Portland and have been pretty bummed about the whole job thing.  I mean, there are obviously a million jobs in Utah and I've applied for them, made phone calls, followed up, etc.  Kyle's been so busy and I want to be busy doing things that aren't related to me personally.  Staying at home isn't for me.  I seriously have no motivation when I'm alone in a house all day.  He made the comment about me working 60 hours a week and I thought.  "OMGsh... DUH. I could easily do that."

Although that may seem like a lot of hours to most of you.... here's my current situation:  Kyle goes to class at 7:30 AM and is there until 11:30 when he comes home for lunch.  He eats while he does homework/projects (very important KYLE time) and then leaves at 1:30 for work.  He works until 6:30 which usually turns into 7:30 and he comes home to grab dinner before heading to school for his junior core project group.  They usually meet until 11:00 PM or so, where he then comes home to shower and do his reading/other homework until 1:00 AM.  Then, he comes to bed to do more reading/projects that require less attention... the nights usually result in this: (please see Lola is completely worthless and in the bed under the covers, cutting her eyes at me for disturbing her warmth)


At this point, I can't sleep because I normally find important things to do when Kyle gets home and points them out to me... (and, it's difficult to sleep when he's fallen asleep in these positions b/c they cause him to snore) SO, I am up for a few more hours doing things, stressing about un-employment and laundry, and then I sleep-in the next morning because I CAN.  I miss having a 24/7 job.  I felt so good working that schedule because I was being productive and helping someone else all the time.  Of course, the adjustment from Maui has been difficult.

POINT IS... This should be fixed.

So, I have a part-time thing going right now, but I'm still in need of some major busy work doing GOOD THINGS FOR A COMPANY.  Kyle only has a few hours a day to spend with me, and he gets that time based on staying up until 3 AM, so-- I need more on my plate.  We need to wake up together and go to bed together, and not resent each other for having such different schedules/work situations.

I am so excited to have an awesome opportunity that my resume actually equates to.  And, I'm so excited to have found a job that would be PERFECT FOR ME and my intense need to fill EVERY second of my day with something.  With that being said...

CROSS YOUR FINGERS!  PRAY FOR ME!  DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO SEND BLESSINGS AND POSITIVE ENERGY TO ME FOR FRIDAY AT 1:00 pm!!!!  I WANT THIS JOB!!!  (if I don't get it, no big deal... there are plenty of others, but... i might cry)

2 comments:

  1. I'll be saying LOTS of prayers that you get it. I assume the interview was last Friday and I hope it went well. I was in a similar situation as a newlywed when we moved to CA for Kyle's job and having so much free time is only fun for like a week. Then it can make you insane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, haven't heard from the one, but i interviewed for another today-- and i have an interview in salt lake tomorrow... SO-- prospects are looking good. : ) thanks!

    ReplyDelete