6.9.11

phoneless

Get this.

My husband's phone died while he was playing angry birds in the bathroom at Target this evening.  As you can imagine, as soon as he got out [of the bathroom] he asked to borrow mine.  This would be because he has a phone addiction (we've been over it before) and has to check Twitter or have his hands on something phone related at all times... ESPECIALLY when we are shopping.  Target gives the "ten minutes until close" warning and Kyle tries to speed up my browsing

Short story long... he starts walking off and says "bye" to me like he's going to leave the store to go home and do homework (we were in different cars because I met him for dinner with this dad and grandparents in American Fork) so I say "bye" and continue to walk to the candle isle.

He immediately realizes he has my phone and comes to bring it to me.  I ask him to smell a few candles for our house not thinking about the phone, but... he doesn't seem interested so i put one down to smell a few others.  He assumes i'm buying the one i set down (because I said it smelled nice) and instead of dropping my phone in my purse (like he normally does), he put it on top of the candle.   I had NO idea.  Remembering some other necessities, I leave the candle isle (with Kyle) and without a candle (he doesn't notice).  We hurry through checkout and go our separate ways to meet at home.

When I got in my car, I felt through my purse but figured he just kept the phone with him.  We got home to Provo and I asked for my phone and.... he explained to me where he left it at Target.  His words: "you didn't grab it?? I put it RIGHT on the candle you were buying."  Well... no Kyle, I didn't think you would just leave my phone on a shelf on a candle and hope I would notice it.

WE HE LEFT MY PHONE IN TARGET.

Luckily we were the last ones to check out... SO... we made a few calls and some worker picked it up.  I can go retrieve it tomorrow at guest services.

Good thing.

Dragging Kyle shopping with me is bad luck.  Always.

I was going to post a picture of our awesome purchases yesterday... (a desk and chair)
Sorry, you'll just have to wait.  My husband left my phone in the middle of the store in American Fork, Utah.

BUT.... you get this!!!  : )  
My little happy family... ALL READY FOR BED.  Obviously I woke Lola up for this picture... for her sake, she's more photogenic before midnight.


**side note... yes... Lola is in our bed.  WHY, you ask???  Because Kyle likes to cuddle with her.  No joke.  He loves her... like his own child.  Good thing we brought her to UTAH.**

No comments:

Post a Comment