3.10.11

FINALLY. A NEW *but long* POST.

Things have been busy for me... and Kyle.

Firstly, I had five job interviews for four different companies last week.  (patting myself on the back, as we speak)  I feel great about all of them, but I'm really hoping I get an offer soon.  The dream job I posted about called for a 2nd interview (thank goodness!).  I nailed it... I thought.... but I haven't heard anything yet... I'm getting worried.  Seriously, pray for me.  I WANT THAT JOB so bad!

Kyle also had luck in the job-hunting process.  Yes, he already has an amazing job at Agilix, but wanted to take advantage of his time as a student to learn/grow/gain experience in as MANY areas as possible.  He took a pay cut but is now working as a web developer for the BYU law school.  He's excited about it.  He's been so busy between school, jobs, the app. competition, etc.  Poor guy... came home for lunch and couldn't even stay awake to spoon down some Ramen noodles.  (I'm totally against Ramen... high in sodium, feel like i'm poor when we eat them more than once a week, but he LOVES them, so I deal)

Our weekend has been full of all sorts of fun.  Friday night we went to Kris and Mehren's open house in Alpine, Utah.  It was good to spend time with family.  We were able to sneak down to the basement and watch the end of the BYU game which was an amazing last 15 seconds of victory.

Saturday was General Conference and luckily I was able to take advantage of living in Utah.  We woke up early and made the drive to SLC to attend the morning session with the parentals/in-laws and Kris and Mehren.  So amazing to be there instead of just watching the broadcast.  It was very special.  We also got to park directly under the conference center and take the elevator right up since Kyle had the special Vietnamese interpreter parking pass.  **Add that to reasons I love my husband**

I also went car-browsing with my in-laws.  Rode along for a test-drive of Audi's A5.  Great choice for a 2-door coupe and Denise Clegg.  Don't be surprised if you see her around town in that little number in the next six months or so.  I think she really liked it.

On Sunday, Kris and Mehren came over to watch conference and hook up our new media center/tv/xbox/indoor antenna.  Our house is full of wires.  I would post a picture of the new purchases, but I am embarrassed by the chords.  Once I buy a media console I'll post my little heart out.  In the meantime, there is NO organization whatsoever to the madness of my techie husband's love of a fully-loaded home entertainment set-up.

Sunday night we went to Grandma and Grandpa Clegg's for dinner/dessert before everyone had to head back our of town.  It's Grandma's birthday week (76 years young) so we celebrated in the best way: singing, blowing out candles, and digging into some amazing home-made lemon-glazed poundcake.


Today I impatiently waited for a call for a job offer and got none.  I have a follow up for another company as a project assistant on Thursday.  Wish me luck on that one too.  Kyle had class in SLC tonight so I rode up with him and went to Gateway for an Apple appointment and some shopping browsing.  I came back with 2 bowls from Anthro, an HDMI computer adapter from Apple, 2 plates and some socks from Urban.  (all on SALE, of course)

The Urban Outfitters at Gateway is having an additional 50% off sale items right now.  HIT IT UP.  Kyle and I cashed in on $1.00 per pair socks.  **Regularly $8.00**  They'll come in handy now that it's FALL! (I never wore socks in Maui, and I only own like three pair)  We stopped for dinner/Pho at a little restaurant on our way back home.  It was well overdue.  I have been craving it since we were in Seattle.


It's been a good week.  Busy is always good.  Lola is not enjoying the cooler night temperatures... we have to force her to go outside.  When she comes in, she usually retreats to the couch/our bed/wherever there is a blanket to curl up/burry herself in.  It's actually pretty adorable, and I'll leave you with that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment