13.10.11

What's next?



WE FOUND KITTENS!  Four to be exact.  In a box.  Right outside of Macey's grocery store at midnight. They are the cutest/smallest/most adorable things.  I can't wait to find them perfect little homes.  (Lola isn't going to last more than a week with these guys.  She's sad and depressed now that she's not queen bee)


She liked playing with them the first few days, but when they try to nurse on her all we hear from the kitchen are growls and really loud meows.  She only has so much patience.  Poor girl.  Also, based on her reaction at 53 seconds in the following video... she may be allergic.  ; )



Not the cutest picture of Lola, but kyle looks cute so I've posted it anyways.


i took the kittens out of the picture in attempt to let her redeem herself... she refused to take a picture and pouted once i took the computer out of her face.  I'm hoping she'll recover from the trauma of four three-week old kittens.

 

Decorating the house for Halloween was a necessity because it's my favorite holiday.  (Warning: I'll say that about every holiday)  Here's just a little peak and I'll update more ASAP.  I have been staying up late with Kyle and getting crafty.  


We are both wishing I had a craft room b/c there's not much room for mess making here.  In fact, today I stepped on my hot glue gun... barefoot.  I won't be wearing anything but my house shoes for a week.  Seriously.  My poor pinky toe.

{UPDATE ON THE JOB SITUATION}
I've been interviewing for jobs like crazy, and while everyone has been saying they love me... I am still not employed.  Just waiting for answers to my follow-ups, etc.  Moving along to plan B.  What's that, you ask?


the plan: start my own little company right here in Provo.  I'm working it out with Kyle and getting a friend or two on board with me, but-- i'm thinking it will probably be along the lines of holiday decor/event decor/party planning/interior design/who knows what all it will encompass at this point.

Utah is FULL of DIY-ers and stay-at-home-mom's who love to decorate their own homes.  I feel like starting something here will be a challenge, but well worth it.  I'll be feeling out the crowd before I make anything final.  I ADORED fixing this little house up, and want to help everyone else do theirs.  So, I'm taking a slice of humble pie and this girl is going to charge hardly anything to help you make your home what you want it to be.  All within the budget I'm given... by whoever wants to hire me.  SPREAD THE WORD TO YOUR UTAH FRIENDS.  First come gets the GOOD DEALS.  There will be more to come on this... like-- official decisions and some promotional ads/business cards/ etc.  I'm sure mom and dad are rolling their eyes, but... I'll be making a living doing something I love.

So, pass your friends on to me.  Please.  They will not be disappointed. 




1 comment:

  1. OOO girl. you know people pay out of their butts in some of those richer areas to have like their Christmas trees decorated. Jamie's old boss used to or still does that and she charges like 100 bucks an hour or something. and people pay here.

    and people get married like everyday in Provo, if you decorated receptions for cheaper, I am sure that you could make money no problem. just get in those singles wards and get the word out.

    Also, i can't remember for sure but I think my stepmom was saying that she wishes she could have someone come help her redecorate their house. I will ask and give her your name.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete