19.8.11

NEW HOUSE

Okay.  We brought Lola because we found an apartment that allowed dogs.  We realized once we got there it smelled like dogs... and dog urine.  I couldn't deal.  We quickly abandoned it and searched for a house to rent.  SUCCESS was found in this little gem:

It's pretty awesome from the outside.  Don't be fooled.  There is DEFINITELY work to be done.  Lucky for me, I love projects... and paying $200.00 less per month than the smelly dog two-bedroom.

Kyle and I made a decision before we left Georgia.  After getting quotes from companies to rent moving vehicles, trailers, etc., we realized my furniture (mostly from ikea, family, or repurposed goodwill) would take up enough room to fill a whole truck-- furnishing a home, but costing approximately $2000 to transfer across the country.  

Our decision:  Furnish our new place with half the money we would've spent on a move.  So, here we are... $1000 MAX cash to furnish our home.  (not including the gift certificates).  I'm aiming for less.

Can I do it?  For sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment